foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.4 beta 2 changelog:
- Added preferences page to adjust priority order of installed decoders.
- Greatly improved DSP manager dialog.
- Added output mode switcher toolbar item to Default User Interface.
- Keeping incomplete/problematic output files is now optional; they're deleted by default.
- New and improved overwrite prompt dialog.
- FDK AAC is now among the default presets (beta 2).
ReplayGain scanner improvements:
- Apply gain to file content feature now runs in multiple threads and supports MP2 content.
- Added command to manually manipulate Opus header gain field for both .opus and Matroska.
- Playlist & Media Library search use a new text-matching algorithm similar to Unicode Asymmetric Search.
- Reworked Default User Interface Preferences pages; improved options for minimize & close behaviors.
- Cosmetic tweaks; prettier buttons attached to editboxes in various dialogs.
- Cleaned up Opus header gain manipulation, reported value no longer offseted by 5 dB, made header gain respected when embedded in Matroska container.
- Matroska support improvements, improved seeking performance on files without seektables.
- Made possible to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.
- Implemented WebM internet stream playback.
- Made Album List remember expanded nodes (beta 2).
- Raised track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999 (beta 2).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware