The Humble Store is not showing any signs of stopping its weekly giveaways, as today, it is giving away free copies of Homefront. Note that this is the original Kaos Studios developed game from 2011, not the reboot from 2016 that landed with the name of Homefront: The Revolution.
For those unfamiliar with the game's setting, it takes place in a war and economically ravaged alternate timeline in the year 2027, where North Korea has invaded and occupied the U.S. Players take the role of former marine, Robert Jacobs, who joins the country's resistance movement.
A list of features taken from the game's store page reads:
- Discover a terrifyingly plausible near-future world – the familiar has become alien in this nightmare vision of Occupied USA
- Fight for a cause – join a cast of memorable characters as your resistance cell wages a guerrilla war against overwhelming military odds in the name of Freedom
- Witness the human cost of war – a gripping story from the pen of John Milius is told through immersive, interactive 1st person cut scenes
- Experience explosive FPS gameplay – battle through a dynamic mix of infantry and vehicle combat in a gripping single player campaign boasting intense, memorable set pieces
- Take the battle online – experience large scale multiplayer action like never before in epic infantry and vehicle warfare
Ordinarily available for $19.99, Homefront is now up for grabs on the Humble Store for free via its store page for the next two days. Also, the free promotion comes alongside a Deep Silver publisher sale, bringing discounts for hit series such as Metro, Saints Row, and more.
Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!