Image for Windows is a reliable drive image backup and restore solution that provides an easy and convenient way to completely backup all your hard drive's data, programs and operating systems. Your backups can be saved directly to external USB and FireWire drives, to internal or network drives, and even directly to CD, DVD, or BD. The Image for Windows package includes an easy-to-use MakeDisk wizard for creating a recovery boot disk. To restore your data, programs and operating systems back to the way they were when the backup was created, simply boot the recovery disk and restore the partition(s) or drive(s) you need to recover.
Image for Windows utilizes the technology provided by Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) or PHYLock, an add-on component included in the Image for Windows package. VSS and PHYLock allows you to continue using your computer while the backup is locked to a point-in-time. This eliminates the inconsistencies typically experienced while backing up a partition that is in use.
Image for Windows 2.96 changes:
- Added /nowait option (must be first) to allow multiple instances (special use).
- Changed installer for new installs to ask if simple operations should be used.
- Added copy to simple operations.
- Added new VSS options and changed defaults.
- Other potential changes, updates and enhancements.