Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-referred images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 4.2.8 changelog:
- Fix the sliders in the performance settings page. BUG:414092
- Fix the color space of the onion skin cache. BUG:407251
- Fix transforming layers that have onion skins enabled. BUG:408152
- Also save the preferences when closing the preferences dialog with the titlebar close button
- Fix a bug in the polygon tool that adds an extra point. BUG:411059
- Save the last used export settings. BUG:409044
- Prevent a crash on macOS when closing a dialog that opened the system color dialog. BUG:413922
- Fix an issue on macOS where the native file dialogs would not return a filename. BUG:413241
- Make it possible to save the “All” tag as the current tag. BUG:409748
- Show the correct blending mode in the brush preset editor. BUG:410136
- Fix saving color profiles that are not sRGB to PNG files
- Make the transform tool work correctly with the selection mask’s overlay
- Fix a crash when editing the global selection mask. BUG:412747
- Remove the “Show Decorations” option from the transform tool. BUG:413573
- Remove the CSV export filter (it hasn’t worked for ages)
- Fix slowdown in the Warp transform tool. BUG:413157
- Fix possible data loss when pressing the escape key multiple times. BUG:412561
- Fix a crash when opening an image with a clone layer when instant preview is active. BUG:412278
- Fix a crash when editing vector shapes. BUG:413932
- Fix visibility of Reference Layer and Global Selection Mask in Timeline. BUG:412905
- Fix random crashes when converting image color space. BUG:410776
- Rewrite the “auto precision” option in the brush preset editor. BUG:413085
- Fix legacy convolution filters on images with non-transparent background. BUG:411159
- Fix an assert when force-autosaving the image right during the stroke. BUG:412835
- Fix crash when using Contionous Selection tool with Feather option. BUG:412622
- Fix an issue where temporary files were created in the folder above the current folder.
- Improve the rendering of the transform tool handles while actually making a transformation
- Use the actual mimetype instead of the extension to identify files when creating thumbnails for the recent files display
- Improve the logging to detect whether Krita has closed improperly
- Fix exporting compositions from the compositions docker. BUG:412953, BUG:412470
- Fix Color Adjustment Curves not processing. BUG:412491
- Fix artifacts on layers with colorize mask *and* disabled layer styles
- Make Separate Channels work. BUG:336694, BUG:412624
- Make it possible to create vector shapes on images that are bigger than QImage’s limits. BUG:408936
- Disable adjustmentlayer support on the raindrop filter. BUG:412522
- Make it possible to use .kra files as file layers. BUG:412549
- Fix Crop tool loosing aspect ratio on move. BUG:343586
- Fix Rec2020 display format. BUG:410918
- Improve error messages when loading and saving fails.
- Fix jumping of vector shapes when resizing them
- Add hi-res input events for pan, zoom and rotate. BUG:409460
- Fix crash when using Pencil Tool with a tablet. BUG:412530
- Always ask Windows to synchronize the file systems after saving a file from Krita.
- Fix wrong aspect ratio on loading SVG files. BUG:407425
Download: Krita 4.2.8 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.2.8 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot | Release Announcement
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware