Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC), a derivative of Media Player Classic, is a no-nonsense alternative to the Windows Media Player. MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And MPC-HC supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
A few highlights of this release:
Completely new Internal Audio Renderer:
- Uses sanear project as backend
- Requires Windows Vista or newer
- Outputs sound through WASAPI (shared or exclusive)
- Employs automatic channel downmixing
- Provides stereo crossfeed processing option (for headphones)
- Tries to preserve signal pitch when playing at custom rate (time stretching)
- Supports bitstreaming
- Note that you need to select the new renderer in options in order to use it
Windows 10 related fixes:
- Improved mouse behavior
- Fixed volume control with scroll wheel
- Window snapping to desktop edges
- Allow hardware decoding of UHD video with AMD cards
- Big video rendering stability improvement
- New Indonesian, Lithuanian and Punjabi translations. Remember that you can help us translating MPC-HC to your language.