MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 18.03 changelog:
- AV1: support of AOmedia AV1 based on latest specifications draft, raw (OBU) and in MKV
- MXF: HDR metadata support
- MXF: detection and parsing of ProRes (SMPTE RDD 44)
- MXF: framerate container/stream incoherence detection
- DPX: endianess, packing mode, compression mode
- AVC: add consumer camera recording date/time
- AVC: add consumer camera model name and iris F number
- JPEG: ICC parsing, display of ICC color space
- EBUCore: possibility to inject external metadata in the output from MediaInfo
- JSON output
- Attachments: do not provide anymore attachments content in XML by default, reducing XML output size
- colour description: trying (again!) to have more coherent labeling
- DCP/IMF: fix crash with some CPL files
- I782, FFV1: Golomb Rice parsing was wrong
- I210, FFV1: remove sar_den test must be 0 if sar_num is 0
- AAC: SBR parsing issue with 3+ channel streams, with sometimes false-positive PS detection
- BMP: was wrongly considering 4-bit without palette as with palette so wrong bit depth
- DPX: some elements in trace were wrongly displayed (wrong endianess)
- B1082, Ancillary data: fix infinite loop
Changes in version 18.03.1:
- Fix regression on Windows with directory names beginning by n or r.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware