Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 6.9.1 changelog:
- Fix bad detection of sub-folder in Folder as Workspace.
- Enhancement: Add "Find in files" command in "Folder as Workspace".
- Enhancement: Add "Open Folder as Workspace" command in File menu.
- Fix "copy" command bug in find result panel.
- Improvements for JSON highlighting.
- Fix Find In Files progress bar position bug.
- Add Ctrl+Shift+Z shorcut for Redo.
- FORTRAN 77 is supported.
- Fix html tag auto-completion bug.