OneWay Backup is a folder sync program that copies only altered files. It does one thing: creates a mirror of folder A at folder B. It can also be configured to send emails when backup is finished. Low level settings like buffer length can also be set.
OneWay Backup features:
- Scans for altered files and copies them only
- Jobs can be run in batches
- Can be called from console so scheduling a backup is very easy
- Can create mirrors (i.e. delete files/folders from folder B so it is identical to folder A)
- Easy to use interface
Command line parameters
- OneWay Backup can be called with command line parameters which makes it ideal for backup scheduling.
- /all: Run all jobs, both active and passive jobs
- /exit: Close the program when all jobs are done
- /shutdown: Shutdown the whole system when all jobs are done
- /sendmail: Send email when done using options set in Email Configuration window
- /methodX: Use comparing method x where is 0, 1, 2
- /method0: Full file search: Reads whole content of files
- /method1: Uses MD5 checksums for comparesion
- /method2: Compare file sizes
- /method3: Compare last modified date
- Please note that, OneWay Backup compares last modified date first before using the selected option. If 4th option is selected, only last modified dates will be compared.