StartMenu 8 is specially designed for Window 8. It offers a perfect solution for users who work with Windows Start Menu all the time and are not accustomed to the new Metro start screen in Windows 8. This smart tool brings back both the start button and Windows Start Menu, and offers the option to skip Metro start page, allowing users who only work on desktop to boot to Windows 8 desktop directly.
- Bypass Metro screen on start of Windows 8 and boot to desktop directly.
- Switch between between Metro and Desktop Interface by pressing and holding the Windows key.
- Get quicker access to programs, documents and files, control panel and settings.
- You can pin programs to Start Menu and Taskbar for quicker access to your favorite programs
- It's easily customizable to have everything you need at just one click.
What's new in Start Menu 8 v220.127.116.11:
- Support customizing a new group in Start Menu to start items in it quickly
- Support fast search from whole disk even when the item is not indexed
- Added restart in Safe Mode option for Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows 8.1 / 8
- Support "Pin to Start Menu (Start Menu 8)" by right clicking an item
- Display recently opened items under documents, browsers, etc. in Start Menu for quick launch
- Support skipping UAC when you open applications from Start Menu 8
- Support customizing the transparency of Start Menu
- Automatically sync user picture and Account picture
- Support Windows 10 Technical Preview, and Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Provided FAQs for Windows 8 / 8.1 started by Start Menu 8 users
- Support high DPI
- Optimized user interface for easy and convenient operation
- Support 38 languages