Tixati is a free and easy to use BitTorrent client featuring detailed views of all seed, peer, and file transfer properties. Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Tixati is one of the most advanced and flexible BitTorrent clients available. And unlike many other clients, Tixati contains NO SPYWARE, NO ADS, and NO GIMMICKS.
Tixati has the following features:
- detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers
- support for magnet links, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available
- super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- peer connection encryption for added security
- full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) implementation for trackerless torrents, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding
- highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers
- bitfield graphs that show the completeness of all downloaded files, what pieces other peers have available, and the health of the overall swarm
- customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different partition even while downloading is still in progress
- 100% compatible with the BitTorrent protocol
- Windows and Linux-GTK native versions available
Tixati 2.11 changes:
- This new version features a complete makeover of the channels system and it's UI. There is now a common Share view that has a default profile for all channels. There is also a new search view that works on all channels, and a contacts list for easy access to friends. Streaming options have been improved, and the channels themselves have been carefully refined and tested for smoother operation.
- There have also been several UI refinements made, including several new top toolbar options in the main view. Right-click the toolbar and look in the Layout submenu to select the different styles.
- Several refinements to the bandwidth throttling routines, so that payload packets to a particular endpoint are larger and more sparsely sent out on the wire. This will reduce protocol overhead and improve download and upload performance on high bandwidth connections, and will slightly reduce CPU loading.
- The DHT has also had some minor work done to the internal logic. This was mostly to further increase the speed of DHT lookups, and mitigate the impact of certain other clients that are abusing the DHT network with excessive requests.
- The Linux version is now built on an updated toolchain to utilize the newest language features and several standard library improvements. Some users may notice better CPU/memory performance on 64-bit Linux machines.
- The next release is coming soon and will contain many new improvements to the transfer queuing system, as well as webseeding support.
Download: Tixati 2.11 32-bit | 10.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Tixati 2.11 64-bit | 11.1 MB
Download: Portable Tixati 2.11 | 53.3 MB
Download: Tixati 2.11 for Linux | 40.4 MB
View: Tixati Website | Support