VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
Some of the features of VirtualBox are:
- Modularity. VirtualBox has an extremely modular design with well-defined internal programming interfaces and a client/server design. This makes it easy to control it from several interfaces at once: for example, you can start a virtual machine in a typical virtual machine GUI and then control that machine from the command line, or possibly remotely. VirtualBox also comes with a full Software Development Kit: even though it is Open Source Software, you don't have to hack the source to write a new interface for VirtualBox.
- Virtual machine descriptions in XML. The configuration settings of virtual machines are stored entirely in XML and are independent of the local machines. Virtual machine definitions can therefore easily be ported to other computers.
VirtualBox 6.1.32 changelog:
- VMM: Changed the guest RAM management when using Hyper-V to be more compatible with HVCI (bug #20627 and #20694)
- VMM: Workaround for OS/2 guest unstability on newer AMD CPUs due to a missing TLB flush in OS/2 (bug #20625)
- GUI: Fixed keyboard focus loss in rare circumstances when using the mini toolbar in fullscreen mode
- Audio: Fixed accidental creation of empty debug log file when the OSS audio backend was configured
- E1000: Fix link status reporting for certain Linux kernels (some Oracle Linux ones, probably more)
- Unattended installation: Fixed regression introduced in 6.1.28, causing partitioning failure for Windows XP to 10 (bug #20769)
- Solaris host: Fixed regression in installer, failed on Solaris 10
- Solaris host: Fix packaging regression, make vboxshell.py executable
- Linux host: Fix access to some USB devices, device class was not correctly handled (bug #20721)
- Guest: Fixed wrong mouse position if guest is in text mode
- Guest Control: Fixed folders copying from host to guest and from guest to host
- Guest Control: Fixes for UNICODE handling
- Shared Clipboard: Improved HTML content exchange between X11 and Windows guests and hosts
- OS/2 Additions: Fixed some issues with extended attributes in the shared folders (bug #19453)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware