Microsoft has announced Visual Studio 2015 and .Net 2015, both of which are available today.
The announcements were part of the keynote that was held in New York for the Connect event. Visual Studio 2015 and .NET 2015 will bring new capabilities enabling developers to build applications across multiple platforms — from Windows to Linux to iOS and yes, even Android.
There are quite a few new features in these release and we have posted a high level look at them below.
- Ability to create ASP.NET 5 websites that can run on multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Integrated support for building apps that run across devices with integration of Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova and our new Visual C++ tools for cross-platform library development.
- Connected Services experience enabling easier integration of services into apps including Office 365, SalesForce and Azure Platform Services.
- Smart Unit Testing (formerly PEX): Unit Testing technology from Microsoft Research integrated into Visual Studio 2015.
- New coding productivity capabilities, enabled by the new .NET compiler platform (Roslyn).
You can download the preview for both new products as the link below and like all preview releases, these builds should not be used in production environments
Download: Visual Studio 2015 and .Net 2015