Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It uses libtorrent in it's backend and features multiple user-interfaces including: GTK+, web and console. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.
Deluge features a rich plugin collection; in fact, most of Deluge's functionality is available in the form of plugins. Deluge was created with the intention of being lightweight and unobtrusive.
Deluge has a wide-array of features, including:
- Core/UI split allowing Deluge to run as a daemon
- Connect remotely to the Deluge daemon
- Web UI
- Console UI
- GTK+ UI
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT
- Local Peer Discovery (aka LSD)
- FAST protocol extension
- µTorrent Peer Exchange
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Proxy support
- Web seed
- Private Torrents
- Global and per-torrent speed limits
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Password protection
- RSS (via Plugin)
- Other libtorrent features
- And much more!
Deluge 1.3.13 changelog:
- Increase RSA key size from 1024 to 2048 and use SHA256 digest.
- Fixed empty error message from certain trackers.
- Fixed torrent ending up displaying the wrong state.
- #1032: Force a torrent into Error state if the resume data is rejected.
- Workaround unwanted tracker announce when force rechecking paused torrent.
- #2703: Stop moving torrent files if target files exist to prevent unintended clobbering of data.
- #1330: Fixed the pausing and resuming of the Deluge session so torrents return to previous state.
- #2765: Add support for TLS SNI in httpdownloader.
- #2790: Ensure base32 magnet hash is uppercase to fix lowercase magnets uris.
- New command-line option to restict selected config key to read-only.
- Allow use of uppercase log level to match UIs.
- #2832: Fixed error with blank lines in auth file.
- Fixed installing plugin from a non-ascii directory.
- Error'd torrents no longer display a progress percentage.
- #2753: Fixed the 'Added' column showing the wrong date.
- #2435: Prevent the user from changing tracker selection when editing trackers.
- Fixed showing the wrong connected status with hostname in the Connection Manager.
- #2754: Fixed the progress column to sort by progress and state correctly.
- #2696: Fixed incorrect Move Completed folder shown in Options tab.
- #2783: Sorting for name column is now case insensitive.
- #2795: Reduce height of Add Torrent Dialog to help with smaller screeen resoltuions.
- OSX: Fixed empty scrolling status (systray) menu.
- OSX: Fixed starting deluged from connection manager.
- #2093: Windows OS: Fixed opening non-ascii torrent files.
- #2855: Fixed adding UDP trackers to trackers dialog [full release notes]