GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.1 and 4.2, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 102787 - Currency selection should do autocompletion
- Bug 476114 - Goto register by date feature req
- Adds ability to jump to arbitrary date.
- Bug 554391 - Tax Options dialog - can only assign one TXF category at a time
- If the Tax options dialog is opened from the Chart of Accounts and an account is selected then the tax dialog will preselect that account.
- Bug 787295 - Allow UI jump from Business accounts to their relevant invoice/bill/voucher
- Bug 797514 - Changing transaction unreconciles a split inconsistently
- Partial: This make sure that the split's reconcile status gets updated before the transaction is committed.
- Bug 797730 - Transaction matching can match multiple imported transactions to the same existing one
- Bug 797839 - Auto-complete prevents entering non-ASCII transaction descriptions
- Bug 797852 - Error in Accounts Payable Aging re cut off dates
- Bug 797857 - Edit->Preferences: Help/Close buttons unreachable
- Bug 797874 - Errors in register and new-account UI
- Bug 797878 - Pie chart displays fractions and long decimal representations
- Ensure amounts rendering is rounded to report-currency SCU
- Bug 797880 - [gnucash-cli] encoding and font differing from manually exported reports (Win10, German locale).
- Bug 797883 - [Transaction Report] non-localized string
- Bug 797889 - editing amounts in dr / cr behaving oddly
- Bug 797893 - Unable to change font size in charts
- Use the stylesheet font values instead of hard-coded ones.
- Bug 797895 - Hang for a long time (9 minutes per account) importing a QFX file.
- Bug 797896 - [HBCI] crash when downloading transactions
- Bug 797897 - Cannot select multiple accounts in Tax Report Options
- Bug 797898 - [reconciliation] calculated balance amount per reconcilation date depending on actual time.
- Bug 797900 - Crash caused by Quitting while Check and Repair All is running
- Bug 797923 - Running employee report results in "Unbound variable: txn"
- Bug 797924 - Crash when searching for customer to process payment.
- Bug 797935 - Strange formal register headers
- In languages other than English because of poorly constructed translatable strings.
- Bug 797936 - Lot viewer notes field too narrow
- Bug 797945 - Tools -> Import Map Editor causes GnuCash to lock up
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware