Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
Changes in Hard Disk Sentinel 4.71.14 Beta:
- added option to use TLS / STARTTLS in e-mail configuration regardless of port (previously used automatically only when port 587 specified)
- improved write tests / disk wipe functions (Disk menu -> Surface test -> Write test, Write+Read test, Reinitialise disk surface test)
- improved multi-select of disk surface tests
- added more information to be accessible by WMI service (added power on hours, bad sector count, weak sector count, comm.issue count, spin retry count, trim status, device status and complete S.M.A.R.T.)
- improved support of HighPoint RAID controllers
- improved support of Sandisk Extreme pendrives (reported 0% health, indicating failure on new devices due to special S.M.A.R.T. attributes)
- improved support of Kingston and OCZ SSDs
Download: Hard Disk Sentinel Professional 4.71.14 Beta | 22.6 MB (Shareware)
Download: HDSentinel for other Operating Systems
View: Hard Disk Sentinel Home Page
7 Comments - Add comment