OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, Mixer, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
OBS Studio 29.1 RC1 changelog:
- Fixed simple mode replay buffer maximum not being set [derrod]
- Changed Add Source menu to sort case-insensitively [gxalpha]
- Added logging if the active encoder is incompatible with dynamic bitrate [pkv]
- Made hotkey edit layout margins symmetrical [gxalpha]
- Fixed macOS Virtual Camera not being available [PatTheMav]
- Fixed a crash that could happen when creating a new source with the API [derrod]
- Fixed some cases where AV1 remuxing wouldn't work [derrod]
- Fixed a bug where certain system localizations couldn't load Lua files on Windows [exeldro]
- Fixed a case where HDR -> SDR might not tonemap correctly [jpark37]
- Fixed an issue where Push to Talk on Linux wouldn't work when assigned to secondary mouse buttons [KasinSparks]
- Fixed an issue where the audio encoder bitrate in Advanced outputs would not respect the user's configuration [tytan652]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware