Password Safe is a password database utility. Like many other such products, commercial and otherwise, it stores your passwords in an encrypted file, allowing you to remember only one password (the "safe combination"), instead of all the username/password combinations that you use. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references—for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
PasswordSafe was originally designed by the renowned security technologist Bruce Schneier and released as a free utility application.
New Features in v3.48.0:
- Default expiration interval is now configurable via Options->Password History, instead of being hardcoded to 90 days.
Bugs Fixed in v3.48.0:
- 1481 - Export subgroups correctly.
- 1480 - Fixed typo in English dragbar tooltip texts.
- 1475 - Tweak RNG initialization.
- 1473 - Installer will not create startup shortcut by default when upgrading.
- 1243 - Installer now selects language support for selected installer language.
Download: PasswordSafe 32-bit | Portable 32-bit | ~12.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: PasswordSafe 64-bit | Portable 64-bit
View: PasswordSafe Website | Quickstart Guide
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
3 Comments - Add comment