Personal Backup is a program for saving personal data to any destination folder. This folder may be located on a local fixed or removable drive, on a Windows network server or on an FTP server. You can configure and store as many backup tasks as you wish. The selection of the files to be backed up is made on a by-folder basis. All subfolders are included automatically, but the user can exclude or include any subdirectories from or in the backup by selection or by filter. Additional criteria are the selection by file type, file age and/or file name filter.
Performing the backup can be done manually or automatically. During the backup the program checks whether the file to be saved is newer than one already backed up. Only new files and files with newer timestamps are saved. An alternate criteria is the archive bit of the files. Automatic backups can be started on logon, at a selectable time of day, on logoff or on shutdown. You can make scheduled backups with destination paths changing daily or weekly. For individual schedules it is easy to start a backup using the Windows Task Scheduler and the command line options of the program.
The 32-bit version runs under Windows 7, 8 and 10 (32- & 64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003/2008(R2)/2012(R2), the 64-bit only under Windows 7,8 and 10 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2008(R2)/2012(R2).
New in version 126.96.36.199:
- New utility program for simple backup and restore Thunderbird data
- New function: backup of selected single files
- Adjustable encryption depth also for enc and gze files, file format changed, restore of encrypted files created by former versions is still possible
- Enhancements in wizard to create new backup tasks
- Command-line option /end:shutdown will shutdown the computer even if no interactive user is logged on (in difference to /end:poweroff)
- New options in Desktop Shortcut dialog: shutdown and hybrid shutdown
- User can select if the status windows will be displayed on top or not
- Fixed: Extracting from zip files in PbRestore
- Fixed: if during an automatic backup (e.g. after logon) a buj file was opened by double click, the program hung up.
- Fixed: Command-line option /prompt for cleanup, verify and restore
- Fixed: using an alternate account for net access
- Fixed: evaluation of command line options /log and /logdir
- Fixed: format error
Bug fixes in Personal Backup 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed: format error
- TbBackup will read "profiles.ini" also if not UTF-8
- Fixed: Reading of profile in TbBackup