RetroShare is a Open Source cross-platform, Friend-2-Friend and secure decentralised communication platform. RetroShare provides filesharing, chat, messages, forums and channels.
Retroshare creates encrypted connections to your friends. Nobody can spy on you. Retroshare is completely decentralized. This means there are no central servers. It is entirely Open-Source and free. There are no costs, no ads and no Terms of Service. Send text and images. Discuss with various people in chat rooms. Express your emotions with the rich smiley set. Use distant chat to securely chat with friends-of-friends. Make free and secure calls with the VoIP plugin. Catch up face to face with a video call. Send encrypted messages to other members of the network. Retroshare can store encrypted messages on friends nodes to deliver messages while you're offline.
Share files with your friends or with the whole network. Use the search to find files. Retroshare uses swarming similar to BitTorrent, to accelerate the download. This makes it possible to share big files with 1GB or more. Your privacy is protected with anonymous tunnels. Only your direct friends might learn which files you download.
- Network topology: decentralized Friend to Friend network (F2F)
- Transport: IPv4 TCP+UDP, Tor
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Distributed hash table to locate friends
- Optionally can use dynamic DNS
- Connect to friends behind NAT with UDP
- Transport encryption with TLS (OpenSSL)
- Authentication with PGP keys
- Services: chat, VoIP with video, multi-user chat, file search/file sharing, forums, link sharing, Retroshare mail
- Extensible through plugins
Download: Retroshare-0.6.0-Qt4 | 20.4 MB (Open Source)
Download: Retroshare-0.6.0-Qt5 | 22.5 MB
Download: Retroshare for other Operating Systems
View: Retroshare Website | Support
0 Comments - Add comment