WizFile is a very rapid file search utility. Search for files on your hard drive by name and get the results almost instantly. The entire file system can be quickly sorted by name, size or date. WizFile supports all types of hard drives, hard drive folders and network shares.
- Find files by name on your hard drives almost instantly
- VERY Fast scanning! WizFile reads the master file table (MFT) directly from NTFS formatted hard drives so it's ready for use very quickly after start up.
- Search by file name or full path name
- Multiple search terms supported
- Wild card file search (* and ? wild cards supported)
- User defined filters
- Monitors for file changes while active - your visible file search results will always be up to date
- Keeps track of folder sizes - any changes made to the file system will automatically update the folder sizes
- Does not require a separate database file - all file data is kept in memory
WizFile 3.00 changelog:
- added 2 new predefined filter dropdowns - one for size and one for file modified date. These can be customised by the user.
- added file size, allocated size and modified date filter support.
- Use operators "=", ">", ">=", "
- e.g. to find files less than 100 bytes in size:
- Append a 'k', 'm', 'g', or 't' to the number to search in Kb, Mb, Gb, Tb
- e.g. to find files between 500MB and 1Gb:
- 'kb', 'mb', 'gb', 'tb' can also be used, e.g.:
- To filter by "allocated" size, use "a=", "a>", etc.
- e.g. To find files with allocated size between 100MB and 200MB:
- a>=100m a
- e.g. to find files with 0 allocated size and greater than zero file size:
- a=0 >0
- To filter by date, specify a date in the format: yyyy/mm/dd
- e.g. Filter files modified before 2020/01/01:
- Use the constant "today" to reference today's date. Optionally add or subtract a number of days from this constant.
- e.g. to find files modified in the last 7 days:
- e.g. to find all files larger than 1gb that were modified in the last month (last 30 days):
- >=1gb >=today-30
- Place the search item in quotes to force a file name search.
- e.g. to find file names that contain "=0" instead of displaying files with zero size:
- new "not" operator. Start the search expression with an exclamation mark (!) to find files that don't match the expression.
- e.g. to find files that don't contain "windows":
- e.g. to find all files that contain "music" but are not of type mp3:
- music !*.mp3
- e.g. to find files that are between 1 and 100 bytes in size, but not 50:
- new "Launch applications as administrator" option (off by default).
- If enabled, any applications launched by WizFile will have administrator rights (this was the default for previous versions of WizFile as WizFile always runs as administrator). It's recommended that this option be left off. This also helps Wizfile work better with applications already running non elevated (without administrator rights).
- For example, context menu items like "Add to Windows Media Player list" would not work previously if Windows Media Player has already been launched in non elevated mode (a "Server execution failed" error would have occurred).
- Support for Windows Dark Mode. UI Theme can be set via new "UI Theme" menu option.
- Windows Explorer integration added. Will be on by default if using the non portable version.
- New "Clear and Reset Filters" option added (Shift+F6). Clears and resets filters. Hold shift key when clicking on 'Clear' button to reset filters when clearning search results.
- file search speed increased significantly
- Minimising WizFile will now minimize to task bar instead of tray
- Fixed some MFT decoding bugs which could have caused crashes on some PCs
- Added global hotkey Ctrl+Win+W to bring WizFile to the foreground if it's active
- Stability improvements
WizFile 3.01 fixes:
- WizFile was ignoring the "check for updates" option and checking for updates each time it started
WizFile 3.02 fixes:
- Minimum form size constraints were being ignored so form could be resized too small to be usable - fixed
Download: WizFile 3.02 | Portable WizFile 3.02 | ~8.0 MB (Free for personal use)
View: WizFile Home page
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
3 Comments - Add comment