Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 5.33 new features:
- Allow changing the icon used for calibre libraries. Right click the library icon in calibre and choose "Change the icon for this library"
- Comments editor: Use a single line for all three toolbars if they fit
- Edit book: Allow merging HTML files by drag and drop of the files onto another HTML file
- Kobo driver: Add support for listing purchased audiobooks
- Edit metadata all-in-one mode: The cover and formats column now gives as much vertical space as possible to the cover image
- Add books dialog: When a non-book file type is added the next time the dialog is used, preselect the "All files" filter. Closes tickets: 1952562
- calibre-server --manage-users: Allow managing users while the server is running and also add actions to automate changing user account restrictions. Closes tickets: 1952764
- EPUB 3 metadata: If the book contains a "subtitle" append it to the main title when reading metadata. Closes tickets: 1950762
- E-book viewer: Fix an occasional hang on startup at "Loading section". Closes tickets: 1950673
- Get books: Update the Kobo plugin for website changes. Closes tickets: 1952142
- Bulk edit metadata dialog: Fix changing the search mode resetting other fields. Closes tickets: 1951673
- E-book viewer: Fix sorting of highlights incorrect in books that use HTML ids with a hyphen in them. Closes tickets: 1951507
- PDF Output: Fix the option to break long words at the ends of lines causing boxes to be rendered at the end fo the line on macOS with some fonts. Closes tickets: 1951467
- Google metadata plugin: When searching by ISBN if no results are found retry using an alternate query syntax
New news sources
- The Epoch Times by Kovid Goyal
- Mens Day Out by Vishwas Vasuki
- Improved news sources
- Smithsonian Magazine
Changes in Calibre 5.33.2:
- 5.33.2 fixes a couple of regressions that broke the toolbar in the popup comments editor dialog and rendering of the download metadata button in the edit metadata dialog on Windows, as well as reading files from MTP devices on Windows
Download: Calibre 5.33.2 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 5.33.2 for MacOS | 144.0 MB
Download: Calibre 5.33.2 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware