Capcom has announced that it will be opening an online event to all PC users. The free event will allow players to enjoy Street Fighter V via Steam and participate in an early look at some of the new features that could arrive in the Season 2 update. The firm will also be testing out some new enhancements to the Capcom Fighters Network (CFN).
The full list of features and improvements can be viewed down below:
- For most players, it will take less time to find an opponent in online matches. Matchmaking logic will help players avoid being frequently matched with the same opponent.
Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times
- There will be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual match.
- On the new CFN home menu, a live feed of Friends’ activities will be presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, players can immediately add a recent match to their Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
Friend Management System
- In addition to adding someone to Favorites, players can now blacklist players or add friends and follow them on CFN.
“Rage Quit” Penalty System
- Special “rage quit” player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
Training Mode – User Settings Saved
- Training Mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.
Battle Lounge Country Flags
- Country flags will appear in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
Country / League Based Rankings
- Players will be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
In-Game Announcer Voice
- The in-game announcer will provide players and opponents with stats using data pulled from the server.
Fighter Profile Stats
- More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on Fighter Profiles.
The trial period will start on March 28 at 1pm PT and will continue until 12pm on April 3. The game will be open to all Steam users and will be focused on the online modes. During the five-day period, players will have access to all available characters. Capcom will be making adjustments to CFN that will be later introduced to PlayStation 4 and PC users with an official release.