DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.x requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.x.
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.6 changelog:
- Support for Nikon RAW video formats.
- Support for Sony IMF render preset.
- Support for CopySettings to work on Fusion modifiers.
- Scripting API support to get node count and LUT by node index.
- Improved stability with large 3D renders in Fusion on M1 Max.
- Addressed clip gain changes being wrongly applied to selected tracks.
- Addressed audio issues with proxies generated for non-48KHz clips.
- Addressed a context menu issue for clips with cached audio effects.
- Addressed a stability issue with some HDR controls in Apple silicon.
- Addressed an issue with malformed fonts.
- Addressed an issue extruding 3D text from specific fonts.
- Addressed SVG groups going offline if duplicate Fusion node names exist.
- Addressed issues with IO encode plugins.
- Addressed audio artifacts rendering Sony XAVC formats.
- Addressed sign-in issues for Vimeo.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware