"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything"). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.
"Everything" only indexes file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. A fresh install of Windows 10 (about 120,000 files) will take about 1 second to index. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute.
"Everything" will run on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 . NTFS indexing requires the Everything service or running "Everything" as administrator.
Everything 22.214.171.1249 changelog:
- fixed a 4-byte utf8 comparison issue.
- fixed an issue with the ETP client skipping space prefixes in filenames.
- fixed an issue with the Everything search client communicating with the Everything Service
- Installer now installs single Search Everything shortcut.
- Installer now saves settings.
- fixed an issue with the /S silent install option.
"Everything" is Freeware. If you use "Everything" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware