Intel has released a new version of its graphics driver for Windows 10, bringing the driver version number up to 126.96.36.19935. The biggest highlight of this release is a fix that caused Crysis Remastered to crash to desktop with the previous driver release.
This update doesn't add support for any new games, and there's just one improvement noted in this release:
- Performance improvements when using Chrome YouTube Media Playback.
This driver version has a few bug fixes. Here's the full list:
- Crysis Remastered may crash to desktop while loading to gameplay.
- Minor graphic anomalies seen on PGA tour 2K21*, Doom Eternal* (Vulkan), World of Warcraft: Shadowlands*(DX12).
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan), Civilization 6: Gathering Storm* (DX12) benchmark, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass* (DX12), Forza Horizon 4* on Iris Xe Graphics.
Unfortunately the known issues list is the longest in this release:
- Iris Xe Graphics: Intermittent crash or hang may be seen Hunt: Showdown, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege* (DX11), Dark Souls III, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2* (DX12), Horizon Zero Dawn* (DX12), Baldur’s Gate 3 (Vulkan), Assassin’s creed Valhalla* (DX12), Dirt 5* (DX12), Watch Dogs: (Legion), Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint* (DX11), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare* (DX12), Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War* (DX12).
- Iris Xe Graphics: Minor graphic anomalies may be seen in Shadow of the Tomb Raider* (DX12) (when Tessellation is ON), Hitman 2* (DX12), Battlefield V* (DX12), Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan), World of Warcraft*(DX12), Star Wars Battlefront 2* (DX12).
- Iris Plus Graphics and higher: Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord* (DX11), Baldur’s Gate 3 (Vulkan), Yakuza Like a Dragon, Microsoft Flight Simulator*,
- Flicker may be observed on external monitor with HDR enabled during system shut down (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Panel Self Refresh may be disabled while unplugging or plugging AC power during video playback (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Minor Graphic Anomalies may be seen in ARK: Survival Evolved* (DX11) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare* (DX12) when Image Sharpening enabled in Intel Graphics Command Center on Iris Xe graphics.
In terms of support, there's no change here. This release is supported on the latest Windows 10 20H2 all the way back to the Fall Creators Update (version 1709). Hardware-wise, this driver still supports Intel Core processors from the 6th generation all the way through the 11th, along with some related Pentium, Celeron, and Xeon processors with Intel Graphics. Intel processors with Hybrid Technology, formerly known as Lakefield, are also supported.