Welcome to episode 4 of the Neowin Podcast, the show where Rich Woods and João Carrasqueira talk about all the big news from the past week.
In the last week of May, we got this year's edition of Computex, where companies from all over the world announced new computers, processors, GPUs, and all sorts of hardware. Microsoft also made some waves thanks to its vision for a modern operating system (both with capital and lowercase "m"), as well as a purported new Windows 10 SKU called Windows 10 Home Ultra. And, of course, Microsoft announced that Win32 games can now be published in the Microsoft Store, kickstarting a wave of "UWP is dead" comments all over the internet.
Before we get into the episode, here's everything that's discussed this week, along with the timestamps for each topic:
- 1:28 - Microsoft's vision for a modern operating system
- 8:30 - Windows 10 Home Ultra revealed in Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 spec sheet
- 17:30 - Intel announces 10th-generation Ice Lake processors; Dell reveals some specific SKUs
- 25:03 - Nvidia reveals new Quadro RTX mobile GPUs
- 28:42 - Lenovo unveils first 5G Windows 10 PC powered by the Snapdragon 8cx; Qualcomm compares its performance to competitors
- 40:29 - New hardware from Computex 2019
- Dell announces new XPS 15 with AMOLED display; Alienware m15 and m17; new Inspiron laptops; and new Precision lineup
- MSI reveals new GT76 and GE65 Raider gaming laptops
- HP unveils Envy laptops made out of wood; new EliteBook convertibles with 4G and Sure View Gen3, and a new ZBook lineup
- Intel reveals Honeycomb Glacier concept laptop with two displays, ASUS launches Zenbook Duo family based on it
- 50:10 - Xbox Game Pass is coming to PC, and Win32 games can now be published in the Microsoft Store
The SoundCloud version of this episode is embedded below, but you can also find it on YouTtube if you prefer that. And if you'd rather listen via a dedicated podcast app on your phone, you can subscribe to series by using the RSS feed below:
This will let you get new episodes automatically as they're released. Without further ado, here's the episode:
Let us know what you think of this episode in the comments, and stay tuned next week for a new one with more exciting news!