Media Player Classic - BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows. Media Player Classic - BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes. The BE mod (Black Edition Mod) is a skinned version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, much better looking than the plain old MPC.
Changes in MPC-BE 126.96.36.1990:
Splitters and source filters
- Added support for multiline tags in ID3v2.
- Fixed reading ID3v2.4 tags.
- Built-in filters sources can now work with HTTP / HTTPS independently.
- Fixed playback MPEG Version 2 Layer 3 streams.
- Added support for opening M3U and XSPF playlists. Improved support for PLS playlists.
DTS AC3 Source
- Added support for DTS Express.
- Added playback from standard input (stdin).
- Corrected shutdown of the filter.
- Reduced memory usage and waiting delay.
- Added support for opening streams with content-type "video/mp2t".
- Fixed a bug due to which the playback could stop.
- Added support for AAC audio tracks with ID 0x706D.
- Fixed playback of TAK files.
- Added support .dtshd files (labeled 'DTSHDHDR' at the beginning of the file).
- Improved handling of invalid data at the beginning of MPEG files.
- Display a name of the service in the name of the program.
- Optimization of opening files.
- Fixed and optimized playback of HDMV and DVB subtitles.
- Added support for Teletext subtitles.
- Improved support for files that are downloaded and their size and duration are increased.
- Added support for Opus.
- Improved support for .ssif files.
- Added support for H.264 MVC streams for 3D Blu-ray discs (3D viewing requires LAV Video Decoder and madVR).
- Fixed incorrect determination of the duration for long records.
- Added support for DTS Express tracks. [full release notes]