Notepad2 is a light-weight, free and open source Notepad-like text editor with syntax highlighting for a few commonly used languages. It's based on the Scintilla source code editing component and works on NT-based versions of Windows. This program can be run out of the box without installation, and does not touch your system's registry.
- Drag & drop text editing inside and outside Notepad2
- Basic regular expression search and replace
- Useful word, line and block editing shortcuts
- Rectangular selection (Alt+Mouse)
- Brace matching, auto indent, long line marker, zoom functions
- Support for Unicode, UTF-8, Unix and Mac text files
- Open shell links
- Mostly adjustable
New in Version 2.0.18 (July 26, 2007)
- "Select To" command in find dialog allows expanding the selection
- "Select To Next" (F2) and "Select To Previous" (Shift+F2)
- "Save Find Text" (Alt+F3) for later use with F2, F3, etc.
- "Swap" (Ctrl+K) to exchange selected text with clipboard contents
- Notepad2.exe program file is compressed with UPX by default