PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 7.4.2 release notes:
- (Linux) p7zip 16.02 superseded by sznick/p7zip fork 17.02, not available for legacy 32 bit platforms
- Added support for FLZMA2, LZ4, and Zstd compression algorithms in .7z format
- algorithm selection dropdown is now common to all platforms, unsupported algorithms for one platform are preceeded with / (currently unsupported /Brotli, /Lizard, and /LZ5 on linux)
- Various fixes
- (Windows) File manager now displays icons for exe files for better usability, using a separate thread; previously the feature was enabled only if browser was set to show thumbnails
- In-archive "Extract and open with PeaZip" and "Preview with PeaZip" now forces trying to open file as archive, as in "Open as archive" menu entry
Extraction and archiving
- (Windows) Drop target window is locked, as in WinRar, until drag and drop operation is completed
- If password contains characters that can be troublesome if used in scripts (i.e. quotes) it is now possible to interactively enter password in console to create / extract archive types handled through 7z/p7zip, ARC, and RAR backends
Download: PeaZip 7.4.2 | PeaZip Portable | ~10.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: PeaZip 64-bit | PeaZip Portable 64-bit
View: PeaZip Home Page | MSI Installer, Other Operating Systems, etc...
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment