Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log into accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on XMPP and sitting in an IRC channel at the same time.
Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: Jabber/XMPP, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, and Zephyr. It can support many more with plugins.
Pidgin supports many features of these chat networks, such as file transfers, away messages, buddy icons, custom smilies, and typing notifications. Numerous plugins also extend Pidgin's functionality above and beyond the standard features.
Pidgin 2.14.10 release notes:
- Audit and correct the COPYRIGHT file. (Review 1425) (Richard Laager)
- Fix a spelling error in a debug message for proxies. (Review 1426) (Richard Laager)
- Install some emojis already in the theme but not being installed. (Review 1428) (Richard Laager)
- Drop the QQ smileys as we don’t ship QQ anymore. (PIDGIN-14385) (Review 1429) (Richard Laager)
- Modernize the desktop file. (Review 1433) (Richard Laager)
- Modernize the appdata file. (Review 1431) (Richard Laager)
- Make privacy settings persist. (PIDGIN-17137) (Review 1463) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a use after free that was introduced in 2.14.9. (Review 1488) (ivanhoe)
- Fix a crash if the server sends a short form JOIN message. (PIDGIN-17375) (Review 1484) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a regression from 2.14.9 where XMPP accounts state would get lost after failing to connect. (PIDGIN-17621) (Review 1455) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a crash when requesting your own info in an XMPP conference. (Review 1465) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix hang when completing a file transfer over XMPP. (Review 1466) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix updating custom smileys. (PIDGIN-17153) (Review 1477) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix unblocking users. (PIDGIN-16414) (Review 1479) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a crash when cancelling a file transfer. (PIDGIN-17189) (Review 1485) (Belgin Știrbu)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware