RollBack Rx is a robust system restore utility that enables home users and IT professionals to easily restore a PC to a time before certain events occurred. In essence, it turns your PC into a Instant Time Machine. Regardless of what happens to your PC your can quickly and easily restore your PC to a previous time. Making it easy to rescue you from any PC disaster - saving time, money and PC trouble.
Windows System Restore only restores Windows system files and some program files. In addition, if Windows crashes to a point were Windows itself can not boot up (ie. BSOD*) you would not be able to access your Windows System Restore points. In contrast, the RollBack Rx technology works at the sector level of the hard drive and restores everything! - right down to the last byte of data. It sits below Windows. So even if Windows crashes, there’s a sub-console (mini OS) that boots prior to windows. This allows you to access Rollback Rx and go back to a point in time when your system was working trouble-free.
Rollback Rx Professional 10.3 release notes:
- Change the program name from Rollback Rx PC to Rollback Rx Professional
- A totally re-designed client communication module to work with the new Remote Management Console (RMC)
- Add Tree View to the snapshot window
- Add a check for updates feature
- Check if the subsystem has been removed by 3rd party antivirus scanner when system is shutting down or restart
- Expand RAM usage by the subsystem when updating baseline
- Support multiple hard drives with different partition styles (MBR, or GPT)
- Fix the problem that installer does not recognize the drive letters same as Windows explorer
- Fix the problem that setup fails with insufficient disk space due to NTFS MFT table are not continuous
- Fix the problem that license activation fails on UEFI subsystem
- Fix the BSOD cause by bootmgfw.efi
- Fix the problem that tray icon does not show up after a reboot due to "MySearchString" is too long