Late last month, Microsoft rolled out a slew of firmware and driver updates to both the Surface Pro 4 and the Surface Laptop with tons of fixes. However, a growing number of Surface Pro 4 owners have been complaining about a range of issues affecting their device after installing those updates.
According to a question posted on the Microsoft Community forum page, the Surface Pro 4 screen no longer responds to touch and pen input following the update, though the keyboard and pad still work for zoom and scroll functions, among others. The other issues affecting the Surface Pro 4 are listed below:
- After being shut down will only start up with long hold on power switch.
- It now takes ages to restart (used to start in a few dreamy seconds). Begins with completely black screen for about 20 seconds and no visible signs of turning on (lights on Fn key for instance) then the SURFACE screen, then the ring and eventually lock screen.
- Seems to use the fan more often (it even continued after shut a few times).
- In device manager the Firmware has an exclamation mark on Surface ME saying: This device cannot start. (Code 10) - An attempt was made to change the attributes on memory that has not been committed.
- Trouble shooter detects this but can not solve it.
- The pen/ink section of the Surface App says: the Surface app needs an updated component from Windows Update in order to enable this feature
A Microsoft representative responded to the complaint by saying that the company is now looking into the matter. Unfortunately, no fix has been released at this moment.
Source: Microsoft Community via Windows Central
11 Comments - Add comment