Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC. It provides capabilities not possible with original network clients, while supporting standard features such as audio chat, file transfers, group chats, chat rooms, buddy icons, multiple simultaneous connections to the same network, server-side contact importing, typing notification, direct connection (AIM), proxy support, encrypted messaging (AIM/ICQ), SMS support, and privacy settings.
Trillian provides unique functionality such as:
- contact message history,
- a powerful skinning language,
- tabbed messaging,
- global status changes (set all networks away at once),
- Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration),
- contact alerts,
- an advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client,
- hundreds of emoticons,
- shell extensions for file transfers, and systray notifications.
- Fixed - IRC: TLS by default with an option for SSLv3
- Fixed - Mail: Settings may not load properly with many mail accounts
- Fixed - Policy: Local policy not working in ProgramData directory
- Fixed - Twitter: Crash when using multiple accounts
- Fixed - XMPP: Listen to SSLv3 preference when connecting using legacy SSL