FileOptimizer is a lossless file size optimizer supporting AIR, APK, APNG APPX, BMP, CBZ, CHM, DOCX, DIB, DLL, EPUB, EXE, FAX, GIF, GZ, ICO, JAR, JPEG, LIB, MNG, MP3, MPP, OBJ, PNG, PPTX, ODT, OGG, OGV, PDF, PUB, SCR, SWF, TIF, VSD, WEBP, XAP, XLSX, and ZIP file formats among others.
It keeps the behavior of the file untouched, but with its size reduced thanks to several re-compression and optimization techniques.
- Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
- Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
- Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
- Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via command line.
- Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
Changes in FileOptimizer 8.40.1484:
- Added MIME (.mht .mhtml .eml .emlx .msg .mbx .vcf .vcard) support with Leanify (JoeW).
- Added optional JPEG lossy recompression by adding jpeg-recompress (maadjordan).
- Added INI setting JPEGAllowLossy=false to enable lossy JPEG optimizations (maadjordan).
- Added ZIP SFX installer detection.
- Added InstallShield Wizard and RTPatch Updater detections to exclude processing like we did with Inno Setup (ThisWillDoIt).
- Added Nullsoft Install System detections to exclude processing in EXE chain.
- Added ECT to the MP3 toolchain to optimize embedded images (Skibicki).
- Fixed a bug calling Ghostcript, that ignored parameters after dPDFSETTINGS which should made quality and size better (Skibicki #5).
- Removed genetator metatag from tidy output (JoeW).
- Disabled Leanify, and PNGout for APNG because the broke optimized files in some cases (Folding Home).
- Disabled ImageWorsener for WEBP, because it is not lossless (Skibicki #9).
- Added EPRT extension (Solid Works) to ZIP chain (maadjordan).
- Added Leanify to the HTML/SVG toolchain when HTMLEnableTidy is enabled (JoeW).
- Updated Leanify to 0.4.3.136 daily binaries.
- Updated donation button to use Paypal.me so it can accept different currencies that euros (JoeW).
- Updated pngquant to 2.7.0a.
- Updated to ECT 0.4 x86 and x64 optimized builds (thanks Malloc Voidstar).
- Updated ImageMagick 18.104.22.168 with HDRI support.
- Updated to NSIS 3.0 RC1.
- Updated to cppcheck 1.74.
- Upgraded distributions to 7-Zip 16.02.
- Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.