LAVFSplitter is a multi-format media splitter that uses libavformat (the demuxing library from ffmpeg) to demux all sorts of media files.
LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. Supported Formats: MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
LAV Filters are based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer a all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays.
Changes in LAV Filters 0.68.1:
- NEW: Support for reading metadata tags from MKV files (including the "3d-plane" MVC 3D tag from MakeMKV 1.9.10 and newer)
- Fixed: Improved handling of QuickTime codecs in MKV files
- Fixed: S302M audio streams with non-pcm content did not work anymore (requires an external decoder)
- Changed: Flags for BT.2020 are exported in DXVA2_ExtendedFormat (previously only reported to madVR, since the Windows SDK did not specify them)
- Changed: Prevent connections to the "AVI Decompressor" filter which could result in a broken image or crashes otherwise
- Fixed: Some progressive files could report the wrong FPS when software deinterlacing was turned on
- Fixed: MPEG-2 streams using "intra refresh" did not decode properly
- Fixed: Decoding MPEG Audio streams from the Microsoft MPEG-1 Splitter could result in playback starting with an audible glitch