PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 200+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 9.3.0 release notes:
- PeaZip 9.3.0 improves the archive / file manager, adding the ability to display file-level comments in archives, and showing if current archive type can be edited.
- Free space is now checked before archiving and extraction tasks.
- It is now possible to manually set the Rar.exe or equivalent binary for RAR creation, to improve support for that function on Wine and other non-Windows based alternatives.
- 7z backend is updated to 23.01, and Pea to 1.13 release.
- Themes are improved with new Contrast setting, and being now able to customize icons for archive types.
Full list of changes and fixes is available at https://peazip.github.io/changelog.html
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware