WizTree is a very high speed disk space analyser utility for Windows. It scans your hard drive and shows you which files and folders are using the most disk space. Your entire hard drive's file system is displayed visually, making it very easy to locate large files and folders. Use the information WizTree provides to quickly locate and remove "space hogs" from your hard drive.
WizTree can scan all hard drive types supported by Windows (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, network, etc).
WizTree 4.14 changelog:
- Fixed rare bug that might cause some folders not to be detected by WizTree when parsing MFT file due to unusual MFT record ordering
- Tree, file and extension views text size can be increased/decreased by using Ctrl+MouseWheel
- When importing CSV files WizTree will now display the line number containing invalid data that caused the import to fail. Useful for those who create WizTree compatible CSV files
- Added new "Reset Configuration to default values" function to the File menu. This will set all but the licencing info back to default values. Use this if you notice anything weird happening (like very large or small column widths, font sizes, etc)
- WizTree will now by default display the maximum "last modified date" for all files and folders within a folder instead of the standard Windows last modified date. This will only apply to new installations or when resetting the configuration. To disable this edit the WizTree3.ini file and change the following setting:
- WizTree will now default to sorting by "Allocated" space instead of "Size" as this better reflects actual space used by files. Allocated space will now also be displayed on the Treemap by default. This will only apply to new installations or when resetting the configuration
- Installer has been updated to use the correct configuration file location when being installed to a non "Program Files" location. If WizTree detects it's running from the "Program Files" folder it assumes it's the "installed" version and keeps the config file in the %appdata%\WizTree3 folder, otherwise it will keep the config file in the same folder it's running from. Previously the installer would always assume the config file was in %appdata% folder, which would be incorrect when installing to a non default location.
- This is useful for Enterprise users running automated installs as the "SYSTEM" user as the various config command line parameters will now be applied to the correct configuration file.
- e.g. to do a silent install of WizTree into the "C:\WizTreeApp" folder with no desktop icon, auto configuring it to not run as admin, disable checking for updates, and setting the license key:
- wiztree_4_14_setup.exe /DIR="C:\WizTreeApp" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP- /MERGETASKS=!desktopicon /runasadmin=false /checkforupdates=false /supportercode=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
- Installer will now update the registry to make mapped network drives that were created by non elevated processes visible to elevated processes like WizTree. This will require a restart to take effect if not already enabled.
WizTree 18.104.22.168 changelog:
- Fixed row height scaling issue with high DPI screens - if you already downloaded 4.14 (5 June 2023) please download again and reinstall. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware