Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the latest entry in the popular Assassin's Creed action-stealth franchise. The game has received a number of free and paid updates, but its biggest expansion launches on March 10, 2022. Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök is a God of War-like download that focuses on Odin and his quest to rescue his son. It takes heavily from Norse mythology where you'll travel to a different realm, meet interesting characters, and cause a lot of mayhem.
Today, Ubisoft provided even more details about the expansion on Xbox Wire. Dawn of Ragnarök is set thousands of years before the events of Assassin's Creed Valhalla and adds another 35 hours of content. You're going up against the supposedly unkillable Surtr who's predicted to cause Ragnarök, the apocalypse in Norse mythology.
Since you play as Odin, the All-Father, you have a number of powerful abilities at your disposal. They're listed below with short descriptions. The video goes over even more features and discusses the story.
- Power of the Raven turns Odin into a white raven, letting players freely traverse the skies.
- Power of Muspelheim disguises Odin as a fire giant, enabling stealth and immunity to fire damage.
- Power of Winter allows Odin to equip ice weapons that freeze enemies.
- Power of Jotunheim disguises Odin as a frost giant and lets you teleport using a special bow.
- Power of Rebirth raises dead enemies to fight for you.
Keep in mind that just like the original Assassin's Creed Valhalla campaign, your abilities are upgradable. However, they can't be carried over to the main campaign because that would detract from the realism. They're pretty overpowered for the base game.
Lastly, Dawn of Ragnarök recommends a Power Level of 340. If you purchase the expansion, it'll automatically boost you to that level. You can buy the add-on for $39.99 on the Microsoft Store or the platform of your choice like PC or PlayStation.
Are you excited to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök? Let us know in the comments below.