The weekend has past by quickly so once again we have returned with more daily gaming news. Today's picks range from the announcement of Bejeweled 3 to Zumba Fitness on Kinect, something we expect to hear more about the closer it gets to launch. Expect this weeks news to be packed full of Kinect information as the US release date is just a few days away.
Bejeweled 3 announced
Great news for Bejeweled lovers, Bejeweled 3 is on the way. No news yet on what platforms it will be out on but from the way things have gone with their last game, nearly every one is likely to be catered for.
New and expanded features in Bejeweled 3 will include:
- Classic: Play the most popular puzzle game of the century, with powerful new gems and new ultra-smooth gameplay
- Quest: Journey through 40 magical puzzles in this multifaceted Bejeweled challenge!
- Zen: Personalize your experience with ambient sounds and binaural beats — a revolutionary new way to relax!
- Lightning: Charge up with a heart-pounding, beat-the-clock bout of gem-blasting fun!
- Secret Games: Unlock 4 all-new games including Butterflies and Ice Storm
- Badges: Earn up to 65 badges to prove your skills
- High-definition graphics and high-fidelity audio: Bejeweled is now more dazzling than ever before!
- Ultra-smooth gameplay: Make multiple matches while new gems fall into place
Afterfall Announced for Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows
Berlin publisher, Just A Game, has managed to secured the global sales rights to sell Afterfall: Insanity. The survival-horror-shooter from Nicolas Games uses the Unreal-3 engine and will be released for Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 sometime in 2011. The game has a post-apocalyptic setting with a deep story and should appeal to horror gamers.
- Historical environments of real existing locations
- Post-apocalyptic levels with giant cities, tunnels, bunker and mines
- Exciting story with a lot of unexpected twists in the dark Afterfall fantasy scenario
- Extensive weapon arsenal and varied types of opponents for cinematic staged close and long-range combat
- Dramatic soundtrack for a realistic end time atmosphere with a guarantee for goosebumps
- State-of-the-art effects thanks to the newest Unreal-Engine 3
Minecraft sells over 500,000
Markus Persson has announced on the Minecraft data page that the game has sold over 505,288 units so far. Something that is amazing news for a game that is still in beta at the moment. The game is currently on sale for $9.95 and will double in price when the game finally comes out of beta.
Discuss Minecraft on our forums
Xbox 360 News
Kinect to sell more than the Wii launch?
Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg believe that next weeks launch of the Kinect motion controller will beat the launch of the Wii. He has even said he expects it will blow away the iPad's launch sales, a device which has made history with its sales figures. It will be interesting to see if he is right, but with pre-orders sold out nearly everywhere, he could be on the money.
Zumba Fitness Announced
Publisher 505 Games has announced a release date of November 26th for their upcoming Zumba Fitness game for Kinect on the Xbox 360. Zumba exercise game is a one-of-a-kind game that pairs Latin rhythms with red-hot international dance steps as you party your way into shape, unencumbered by a controller.
Playstation 3 News
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Sackbots!
The official PlayStation site has a new featurette all about the Sackbots from LittleBigPlanet. The Sackbots are AI-controlled Sack-people that populate the levels of LittleBigPlanet 2‘s Story Mode. They are also in create mode where you can shape, resize and style them, and then bring them to life by choosing their behaviour patterns, recording actions and even dialogue. Friends or foes, robots or zombies… Sackbots can be whatever you need them to be.
Discuss LittleBigPlanet 2 on our forums
EA Mess Up European Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
European versions of Electronic Art's Dragon Age Ultimate Editions have hit some problems. The company has forgotten to include the Return to Ostagar DLC content that is listed in the menus. The good news is that if you have been one of those affected by the problem you can contact EA and they will add the campaign to your EA account for you to download.
7 Comments - Add comment