Last September, a sequel to the supernatural horror game Deadly Premonitions was revealed to be coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2020. Today Rising Star Games announced that the release date will be July 10 worldwide. The game will be available exclusively to the Nintendo Switch, with the retail price for both digital and physical copies to be $49.99.
Deadly Premonitions 2: A Blessing in Disguise will be an open-world mystery adventure that stands as both a sequel and a prequel to the previous game. The player will experience both present-day Boston and 2005 Le Carré, New Orleans. In present-day, the story follows characters Agents Davis and Jones, while investigating a series of murders. Back in 2005, the story is told though Agent York’s memories in Le Carré following the same mystery.
Rising Star Games released an overview of features:
• Return as FBI Special Agent York and experience a brand-new murder mystery!
• Both a prequel and a sequel: A historic investigation to uncover the murder mystery in Le Carré
• An open-ended adventure: Travel around the town of Le Carré by foot or skateboard
• Mini-games: Bowling, Bayou Ride, Skateboard Challenge, and more
• Customization: Customize your character and upgrade your skateboard for improved speed and landing more difficult tricks
The Nintendo port for the first game, renamed Deadly Premonitions: Origins, can also be played on the Nintendo Switch. Digital copies are currently on sale for $14.99. The original game takes place in the town of Greenvale, following FBI Agent York.