I was cruising around the net after work and noticed that a new beta patch has been released. Looks like a lot of good fixes! I hope they've fixed my main beef: Completed quests not saving in your Journal when moving from game to game in multiplayer. Anyways, I'll cut out my yammering and get to what you're interested in..
Updates and changes in v1.09.2 beta:
- Fixed all known Journal update issues related to quests.
- Fixed all known content placement issues such as inaccessible containers and "floating" objects.
- Increased game performance in several low-performance areas.
- Resolved all known issues with end bosses.
- Fixed all known fading issues.
- Updated ZoneMatch user interface and improved ZoneMatch functionality and performance.
- Resolved issues with sounds cutting out.
- Fixed problem with 5.1 speaker setups getting reset to 2 speakers when enabling EAX.
- Added safety to prevent the game from starting if critical resource files are missing.
- Added retry code that enables you to attempt to recover from unstable hardware causing corruption in data that is loaded from hard disk.
- Moved screen shots into their own Screen Shots subdirectory.
- Added new command line options:
- noalttab=true, prevents task switching during gameplay.
- nowinkeys=true, disables the Windows keys (supported on Windows 2000 and Windows XP only).
- user_path=, specifies where the user files go (rather than My DocumentsDungeon Siege).
- Other path-related command line options are: keys_path, map_paths, mod_paths, res_paths, save_path, and shots_path.
- Fixed the issue of a missing or moved "My Documents" folder causing problems.
- Improved many error messages to include more information to better help diagnose hardware configuration problems.
- added an hourglass cursor to show when the game is busy
- switched to 100% client/server model to be more NAT and firewall-friendly
- displacers now save their state in the character save file in multiplayer using new quest saving functions
- Veteran & Elite modes functional
- "chunky" and "superchunky" cheat codes removed
- switched map node mesh index format to be more mod-friendly when gmax comes out
- added a new naming key format to be more mod-friendly
- exported many new functions
- added dsdll extension method
- exported UI functions and added 'command' and 'call' actions for UI modding
View: Dungeon Siege 1.09.2 Beta Patch page (Visit to read beta patch pre-amble and for download link)
This is BETA software!, please use caution when installing it on your system