foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
What's new in foobar2000 1.3.9 Beta 5:
- New high-quality but slow resampler based on dBpoweramp/SSRC code, as an alternative to fb2k's PPHS resampler.
- Prevented clobbering of certain exotic M4A tags.
- Smooth scrolling in Default User Interface list controls.
- Beta 2: made smooth scrolling disabled by default as it stalls visualisation updates. You can enable it in advanced preferences.
- Added missing menu command for the new ReplayGain playback mode.
- Added oversampled peak scanning in ReplayGain scanner.
- Beta 2: Added tweaks for ReplayGain peak results display, in advanced preferences.
- Fixed 96 kHz AAC & ALAC playback.
- Added whitelist of HTTPS domains to suppress certificate validity checks on, for home media streaming uses [beta 3].
- Added readable error messages about “Add location” failures [beta 3].
- Improved detection of total duration of Constant Bit Rate (CBR) MP3 files [beta 4].
- More robust recovery from network errors when playing MP3 & AAC internet radio streams [beta 5].
- Removed “LegacyDisable” key in file type associations handling as it's been known to cause problems with modern Windows versions [beta 5].