The Lumia 550 is Microsoft's entry-level Windows 10 Mobile handset, which it unveiled alongside its flagships last October. The 550 went on sale in the United States in January, priced at $139 SIM-free and unlocked, but it's currently available for a lot less.
The Microsoft Store has slashed $40 (29%) off the Lumia 550, bringing its price down to just $99 unlocked.
The handset's key specs include:
- 4.7-inch LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 5MP rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash (720p video recording at 30fps)
- 2MP front-facing camera (VGA video)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 2.0 with Type-B connector
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 2100mAh battery
- 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9mm; 142g
The discount on the handset will remain available until June 11 - but even at this lower price, you might want to think twice about buying it. The Lumia 550 earned itself one of the lowest scores we've ever awarded to a device in our recent review.
If you've got your heart set on a Windows 10 Mobile device, and you can stretch your budget further, you might want to consider Microsoft's far superior Lumia 650 instead.
Source: Microsoft Store