Last month, Microsoft announced the Lumia 532 alongside the Lumia 435, the company's most affordable Windows Phone ever. While the 532 costs a little more than its new entry-level sibling, it offers slightly better specs too - and it's a considerable improvement over the Lumia 530 that came before it.
Today, Microsoft has announced the Lumia 532's launch in India, where the Dual SIM variant will go on sale in black, white, orange and green color options, priced at Rs.6,499 INR (roughly $105 USD).
Key specs of the device include:
- 4.0-inch LCD with WVGA (800x480px) display
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- 5MP rear camera with fixed focus
- VGA front-facing camera
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 1560mAh battery
- 118.9 x 65.5 x 11.6mm; 136g
The Lumia 532 comes with the latest OS version, Windows Phone 8.1 Update, pre-installed along with the newest Lumia Denim firmware.
Last month, references to the Lumia 532 on Microsoft's site referred to the device as 'Windows 10 ready'. However, it is not among the first devices to support the first Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones, which was released last week.
Check out the video below for a further look at the Lumia 532: