Last month, Power BI Desktop introduced new reporting-related features such as the ability to customize slicer header text, support for gradient legend, and plenty more. Today, the August update for the desktop version of Microsoft's data analytics service has been released.
A whole bunch of visualizations-related updates have been highlighted this time around, with AppSource visuals such as Linear Gauge, Ratings visual, ADWISE, and more getting the spotlight. Support for new features including Perspectives in Personalize visuals and rectangular select for data points on the reporting end, and Direct Query support for Q&A on the analytics side, has also arrived in preview.
The full changelog can be viewed ahead:
- Perspectives support for Personalize visuals (preview)
- Rectangular lasso select for data points (preview)
- Added dynamic formatting support to more visuals
- Direct Query support for Q&A (preview)
- Linear Gauge by xViz
- Advanced Pie & Donut by xViz
- Ratings visual by TME AG
- Toggle switch by TME AG
- Drill down Pie PRO by MAQ Software
- ADWISE RoadMap
- Updates to ArcGIS Maps
- Extending Admin capabilities for AppSource visuals
- Template Apps
- Agile CRM Analytics for Dynamics 365
- Data Preparation
- Text/CSV By Example (preview)
- Data connectivity
- Cherwell connector
- Automation Anywhere connector
- Acterys connector
For those wanting a more visual and auditory explanation of some of the highlighted features, the following demo video can be viewed:
This month, the template app towards which attention has been brought is Agile CRM Analytics for Dynamics 365. The app provides actionable insights to sales and marketing teams, showcasing opportunities and priorities. It can be downloaded from the AppSource store here.
As is customary, the latest On-premises data gateway update that aligns with this version should be made available in a few days time. To get access to all the newly released features and capabilities for the Power BI Desktop, the latest version of the service can be downloaded here.
0 Comments - Add comment