Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
Shotcut 19.07.15 fixes:
- Fixed Timer video filter shows incorrect decimals.
- Fixed clips that become INVALID were saved as uneditable text clips.
- Fixed a crash in Wave video filter.
- Fixed a crash when changing clip Speed to something very low.
- Fixed long Projects folder path in the New Project view.
- Fixed the temporary backup file is empty when saving MLT XML.
- Fixed saving existing project on Dropbox gives an error.
- Fixed advanced keyframes removed when trimming.
- Fixed loading the frame rate from an export preset.
- Fixed multiple Stabilize video filter analysis jobs may try to write to the same .stab file.
- Fixed reported timecode of failed Export job if (Frames/sec is not 25 or not changed in Advanced > Video).
- Fixed incorrect audio waveform after Undo after insert/paste into Timeline.
- Fixed filters added to a clip with a transition are not the correct length and not active during the transition.
- Fixed Blur: Gaussian filter makes bottom 3 rows of the image with black or garbage.
- Fixed help text in the New Project view may be truncated without scroll bar.
- Fixed Crop: Circle > Radius = 100% not completely extended.
- Fixed loading image sequences that do not put leading zeroes into their number (bug introduced in v19.06).
- Changed Average Bitrate for libopus audio codec to set vbr to constrained.
- Changed Crop: Source to use the source clip's resolution as maximum for parameters.
- Changed the Convert to Edit-friendly and Reverse "better" option from ProRes to DNxHR, which is faster.
- Changed the Convert to Edit-friendly and Reverse "best" option from FFV1 to Ut Video, which is faster.
- Improved full range handling in Convert to Edit-friendly and Reverse by respecting an override in Properties > Color Range.
- Improved detection of full range color in video clips.
- Changed ripple move on the Timeline to push the clips when the drop zone is a gap.
- Added " - Converted" into the suggested file name when using Properties > Convert to Edit-friendly...
- Added a status message at the start of opening a project.
- Added a drop-down of common frame rates to Export and Custom Video Mode.
- Added a dialog to ask if the standard, fractional frame rate was intended in Export and Custom Video Mode.
- Added a HD 1080p 50 fps video mode.
Download: Shotcut 19.07.15 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Shotcut 19.07.15 (64-bit) | Portable | ~300.0 MB
View: Shotcut Home Page | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment