This Weekend's PC Game Deals is a roundup of games - old, new, or soon to be released - that are available at a great price and can be activated on Steam, Origin, or Uplay - sometimes even good old games that are DRM-free.
Origin is back to giving away timeless classics, and this time they’re offering Syberia II to those interested in third-person, mouse-driven puzzle adventures. All you need is an Origin account and the Origin client, and depending on your region, you may get Theme Hospital instead. Both games have low system requirements, so grabbing the offer is a no-brainer.
We live in an era where many good games are eclipsed by those backed by big publishers. The “Humble Monthly” subscription is a good way for passionate gamers to discover hand-picked indie games and timeless classics. For $12 you get several titles, including a AAA game – this month’s offer is The Witness, which is a critically-acclaimed, endless maze of puzzles that breaks the mold.
There are a number of other perks to Humble Monthly, such as indie games developed exclusively for subscribers, a 10% discount on purchases from the Humble Store, and the fact that 5% of the proceeds go to a charity. If you’re wondering, the previous Humble Monthly package included: Total War: WARHAMMER, Poly Bridge, Space Run Galaxy, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Flat Heroes, RIVE, Morphblade, and Uurnog.
For those of you that don’t like puzzle adventures, Twitch offers Hard Reset Redux for free until March 13, and all you need to take advantage of this is to use your Twitch Prime membership, or sign up for a free trial. Hard Reset is no DOOM, but it manages to be an enjoyable fast-paced, cyberpunk shooter where story takes a backseat to leave room for some mindless destruction. Find out more about the giveaway here.
If the previous promotions weren't enough, we’ve also hand-picked some of the best deals on PC games that you can find across all online stores. Some of them are flash sales, so act quickly if you don’t want to miss them. Also, if you happen to be looking for console games as well, check out the list of Xbox games that you can grab with Gold.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands – If you’re looking forward to Ubisoft’s next tactical third-person shooter game, and are drooling over the idea of having the freedom to explore the Bolivian landscapes where the missions take place – unlike all the other entries in the franchise – you can pre-order the standard edition for a little over $41.34 (about €38.74/£33.99) from Games Planet.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Season Pass Edition– Contrary to the fast-paced action of games like Call of Duty, this one will force you to calculate your every move, blend in the environment, and do a lot of damage with carefully placed, surgical shots from your trusty sniper rifle. The developers have also made this entry more like open-world games such as the Far Cry series, which means that you can tackle your objectives as a special ops sniper during the Georgian civil war in the order of your choosing, instead of following a scripted series of missions.
If you are a Sniper Ghost Warrior veteran, or are looking for an alternative to the Call of Duty’s and the Battlefields of the world, you can pre-order the Season Pass Edition (a.k.a the non-ask-you-later-for-more-money-edition) for $38.94 (about €36.44/£31.99) from Games Planet.
Syberia 3 – In the era of release-now-patch-later, Microids has chosen to make sure that it comes out as polished as possible, even though this means a delay of several months – which makes this worth pre-ordering, if only to encourage more publishers to do the same. Syberia 3 is a continuation of Kate Walker’s adventures in Europe and Russia, and can be pre-ordered for only $31.99 (€30.29/£25.69) from DLGamer.
Prey – It’s year 2032, you wake up aboard a space station that is orbiting the moon, and you must use everything you can scavenge from the station in order to survive hostile aliens that are hunting you at every corner. As you progress, you uncover the story of your past, and an experiment that was meant to alter humanity forever. You can pre-order Prey from Game Billet for $42.49 (€39.79/£34.92).
There are a number of popular AAA titles on sale, but we’ve only selected a few of them that are currently priced near or below their historical low:
- Sniper Elite 4 – $47.99 at Bundle Stars
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI – $44.99 at DLGamer
- For Honor - $42.59 at Games Planet
- Resident Evil VII - $38.94 at Games Planet
- Dishonored 2 - $37.39 at Games Planet
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided- $35.99 on DLGamer
- Quantum Break - $31.89 at GameBillet
- Battlefield 1 - $29.99 on Origin
- Far Cry Primal - $23.09 at Games Planet
- The Technomancer - $23.99 at DLGamer
- XCOM - $23.99 at Gamers Gate
- Grand Theft Auto V - $23.99 at DLGamer
- Titanfall 2 - $23.99 on Origin
- Just Cause 3 – $20.69 at Games Planet
- FIFA 17 - $19.99 on Origin
- Fritz Chess 14 - $19.99 on Steam
- DOOM - $19.99 at DLGamer
- Fallout 4 – $18.99 at DLGamer
- Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - $15.99 at DLGamer
- Far Cry 4 - $14.99 on Steam
- SimCity Complete Edition - $14.99 on Origin
- Mass Effect Trilogy - $10.34 at Games Planet
- Star Wars Battlefront - $9.99 on Origin
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $9.99 on Amazon
- Europa Universalis IV - $9.99 at Humble Store
- Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst – $9.99 on Origin
- THIEF - $7.89 at Games Planet
- Cities: Skylines - $7.49 at Humble Bundle
- Dishonored Definitive Edition - $6.99 at DLGamer
- Metro Redux Bundle - $5.99 at Indie Gala
- Crysis 3 - $4.99 on Origin
- Far Cry 3 - $4.89 at Games Planet (the Blood Dragon spinoff is on sale too)
- Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection - $4.99 on Origin
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves – an unconventional, brain-teasing game from Artifice Studio, that features a mix of tower defense and strategy elements – which is now free on Steam. In this indie gem you take control of one of the two O’Carroll brothers who must protect their sister from folkloric creatures and spirits that have come to claim her. The graphics are a little rough, but Eurogamer thinks the gameplay is rewarding despite such shortcomings, which are mostly due to a limited budget.
Barrier X – A superfast racer from HypeTrain Digital in which you have to guide a space ship to avoid flat shaded walls while following a neon track. This will test your reflexes, and it is currently free on Steam – although you can pay its $3 price if you want to support the developer.
The Expendabros – A ridiculously fun crossover between the famous Broforce and the infamous The Expendables 3, and also one of the few indie games on Steam with over 10000 positive reviews. It’s free, so you have no excuse not to try it. You can also buy it for $13.99 if you want to support the developer.
For those of you that have been waiting for a chance to grab some DRM-free titles, there's a wide selection available on sale, but here's what we think are the best deals:
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY - $24.99 at DLGamer
- Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - $19.99 on GOG
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation - $19.99 on GOG
- Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition - $17.99 on GOG
- Galactic Civilizations III - $13.29 on GOG
- Batman - The Telltale Series - $12.49 on GOG
- Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Game Series - $12.49 on GOG
- Infinifactory - $12.49 on GOG
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Ultimate Edition - $12.49 on GOG
- SUPERHOT - $12.49 on GOG
- Grim Dawn - $12.49 on GOG
- STASIS: Deluxe Edition - $11.29 on GOG
- Layers of Fear - $9.99 on GOG
- Tropico 5 – Complete Collection - $9.99 on GOG
- Starbound - $9.99 on GOG
- The Flame in the Flood - $9.99 on GOG
- GoNNER - Press Jump To Die Edition - $8.69 on GOG
- 8-Bit Armies - $7.49 on GOG
- Risen 3 - Titan Lords Complete Edition - $7.49 on GOG
- SPORE Collection - $7.49 on GOG
- Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition – currently $6.66 each, get them on GOG
- Tales from the Borderlands - $6.24 on GOG
- The Escapists: The Walking Dead - $5.99 on GOG
- Mirror’s Edge - $4.99 on GOG
- Crysis - $4.99 on GOG
- Crysis Warhead - $4.99 on GOG
- Dead Space - $4.99 on GOG
- Undertale - $4.99 on GOG
- Sheltered - $4.99 on GOG
- Outlast - $4.99 on GOG
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $3.99 on GOG
- Shadow Warrior Classic Complete – grab it for free on GOG