Two weeks ago, Microsoft rolled out its latest Windows 10 Insider Preview, build 10130, for those signed up to the Fast ring for new build releases. This version brought a range of fixes and some new features, although the company made it clear that all remaining builds in the weeks up to the operating system's launch will focus more on adding stability and polish to the UX, rather than on adding new features.
Earlier this month, Microsoft said that build 10130 was a "good candidate" for release to the Slow ring, but that it wanted to continue monitoring feedback before a decision was made on whether or not to do so. Today, that decision has been made, and Windows 10 build 10130 is rolling out now to the Slow ring.
Yesterday, Microsoft released three security patches for 10130, along with what Gabe Aul, head of the Windows Insiders program, called "a fix for a few of the top issues reported in the build". Microsoft's release notes for those fixes are posted below:
- KB3070365: We fixed an issue where if you click on the icons on the Taskbar (Start, Cortana, Network, Battery, and Action Center) in this build, the expected fly-out might not open.
- KB3069069: We fixed the issue where after upgrading to this build audio playback is lost in some hardware configurations.
- Note: Some sound cards may fail to operate in multichannel mode. The workaround to the problem is to set the default audio format to stereo.
- KB3070677: We fixed an issue where if you’re running the “Core” edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview and Windows Update might not detect new builds available.
- KB3070982: This dynamic update prevents an issue that can result in the loss of audio when the upgrade is completed in some hardware configurations.
However, before you install Insider Preview build 10130, be aware of one thing: some users may be unable to install the build via Windows Update, encountering error code 0x80246017 while attempting to do so.
If this happens, Microsoft recommends that you download the ISO and upgrade your PC to the build from there.
54 Comments - Add comment