Last week, Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile build 15223 to the Fast ring, just under a week after 15222 arrived. Today, it released its latest Insider Preview for phones in the Fast ring, build 15226.
The new preview is the latest to emerge from the 'feature2' development branch, which Microsoft split away from its main Redstone 3 branch earlier this year. None of its recent Windows 10 Mobile previews have included any major new features, focusing solely on various minor fixes and tweaks.
At time of writing, Microsoft hadn't published any details of what's included in build 15226, but we'll update this article when, or if, the company updates that information.
In addition to its new Fast ring build, Microsoft is also pushing out build 15223 to the Slow ring - its second Slow ring preview for phones since releasing the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update in April. The company pushed out build 15215 to the Slow ring earlier this month, but made no announcement about it.
Update: Microsoft has now published its full list of improvements in build 15226 - and what a list it is:
- This build also includes all the improvements from KB4022725.
- We fixed an issue where some apps could not subscribe to SMS receive notifications.
- We fixed an issue for Windows Insiders where some binaries stopped working when transitioning from Insider Preview builds to officially released builds.
- We fixed an audio issue with Bluetooth headphones after Cortana reads an incoming SMS message to the user.
There's also one known issue to be aware of:
- In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.
Worth the wait? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.