2K Sports, the division of 2K Games and the publisher behind the WWE 2K franchise announced new features that will making their way to its latest installment in the series. Confirming a roster of 120 playable wrestlers, as well as WWE Hall of Famer Arnold Schawrzenegger as The Terminator for people who pre-order the game, the company has now announced that WWE 2K16 will also feature realistic sweat and better hair graphics.
The company also stated that their will be three commentators in the upcoming game which includes JBL, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. While these enhancements appear to be minor, 2K also detailed new features and game modes that would be making their way to the upcoming game, such as improved AI, new reversal and pinfall systems, better controls and dynamic entrances. The full list comprises of:
- 2K Showcase and MyCareer are back: The respective story-based and career-driven modes will return in WWE 2K16, giving gamers the chance to relive legendary moments in WWE history or create some of their own. Most notably, MyCareer will give players the ability to fight their way from the developmental ranks of NXT all the way into the WWE Hall of Fame.
- A deeper Creation Suite: WWE video game enthusiasts will get the chance to customize their WWE video game experience in a more robust way. In addition to improvements in popular features like Create a Superstar and Create an Entrance, WWE 2K16 will also offer new ways to modify their games through Create a Diva, Create a Championship, Create an Arena and Create a Show.
- Overhauled online gameplay: 2K altered the online options offered in WWE 2K16 based on fan feedback, which will include a revised matchmaking system and other ways to play with the WWE Games community.
- Substantial gameplay improvements: WWE 2K16 enhances the gameplay experience based on fan feedback as well, which should result in a WWE 2K16 that’s tailored more closely to what fans want. Changes will become apparent in the form of improved controls, new moves and submission holds, a new reversal system, a new pinfall system, improved AI, additional match types, new chain wrestling and a new system called working holds, which will affect a character’s stamina based on how the maneuver is applied. The newest game in the WWE 2K series will also feature dynamic entrances, which will make the pre-match moments part of the overall experience and give gamers the chance to attack opponents before the bell.
- More authentic look-and-feel: The latest installment by 2K will present a slew of new and realistic animations, but WWE 2K16 will also benefit from changes to the overall gameplay experience, too. This year’s game will include a three-man broadcast team for the first time, adding JBL to returning characters Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. Those three will narrate the action that’s designed to flow more freely, as loading screens will disappear between entrances and the opening bell in order to let gamers get in on the action and stay there until the end.
The playable wrestlers in WWE's biggest roster yet includes Stone Cold Steve Austin, Daniel Bryan, Bad News Barrett, Seth Rollins, Paige, Finn Balor and more. However, 2K has confirmed that former wrestler Hulk Hogan will not make an appearance in the game following his controversial racist comments, after which WWE terminated his contract with the franchise.
WWE 2K16 is slated for an October 27 release in North America and October 30 worldwide this year on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.